Chicago Restaurant Week 2024 Review: CheSa's Bistro & Bar

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Restaurant Week Chicago 2024 is here and I'm excited! 
I've been perusing the menus of various restaurants and still trying to figure out who my choice selections will be. Around the top of  my list is definitely going to be CheSa's Bistro & Bar located at 3235 C West Addison near the intersection of  Addison, Kedzie, and Elston. I DJ'ed their New Year's Eve Brunch Event in conjunction with Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey and was treated to some Goodness. 

I couldn't make up my mind between the Fried Chicken and Beignet Waffles, Shrimp & Grits, or Bourbon Peach Cobbler Waffles so I settled on the Catfish Skillet with potatoes and grits. Lol. When I try brunch at a spot for the first time I generally want to taste their potatoes and grits in my initial visit because that can sometimes be the determining factor in deciding between restaurants for brunch or breakfast. Plus I needed to eat something fried to absorb what resulted from a sips of whiskey from We Love Soul's 14th Annual Pre-NYE Celebration aka "The Party of The Year." December 30th. 

Purple Grits are on the menu?! This made me very inquisitive. After enough dialogue to find out more about these purple grits I discovered they are gluten free due to the fact that they come from blue corn.  These grits got smashed ever so lovely! 

The flavors were AMAZING! Some kind of garlic butter, onion, cheese, or something. Deliciousness at it's finest. As the next morning progressed. I craved more grits. With the brilliant strategy of eating them while sitting in on my couch watching the College Football Final Four the rest of the evening; I went back the next day on New Years Day and ordered grits to go. The potatoes were really good too. Good texture, just enough crispiness, and very good selections of herbs, seasonings, with a little bell pepper and onion mixed in. Yum. The catfish was bangin too. For savory brunch situations fried catfish is often my go to when wanting to eat a savory brunch. Shrimp & Grits too, but it generally depends on certain answers to certain questions. Typical Virgo shit. Keep in mind I had both of these dishes as leftovers to be enjoyed during the football games. Them grits needed a re-up tho. 
This time I wanted to explore and try the traditional white/yellow grits. Also, delicious, but this from what I understand is the only dish they added to the menu that is NOT gluten free due to wanting to honor sufficient requests from patrons. They're also bangin!
 
They not only have brunch, but a pretty dope dinner menu too. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm also interested to check out their Chicago Restaurant Week 2024 Menu. Most interested in the Crawfish & Jumbo Shrimp Etoufee' as well as the Red Snapper accompanied by Seasoned red beans in rice with garlic vegetables and crawfish gravy. The New Orleans BBQ Vegan Meatball Skewers with a sweet bourbon sauce also sounds delicious. I'm very interested. All of these items are on their Chicago Restaurant Week 2024 menu. I'm happy to say CheSa's Bistro & Bar is my first recommendation for Chicago Restaurant Week 2024 as it is Black Owned and IMO (in my opinion) is an example of  Black Excellence. Their Brunch was Awesome and based on my great first experience, their creativity on Louisiana and Southern staples, while I really like what I see on their Chicago Restaurant Week Menu; I'm excited. Plus it's gluten free. This may be my new favorite brunch.  Also, I feel like some would say it's a little pricey but in my opinion it's worth it. You have to pay for quality, creativity, and straight up Good food. Before I forget their cheddar biscuits were pretty Good too.

-F.I.L.T.E.R. by Sean Alvarez







To learn more and book a reservation please go to https://www.chesasbistro.com/
 
For more info on Chicago Restaurant Week 2024 please visit https://www.choosechicago.com/chicago-restaurant-week/

Coming Soon...
I'll be back here at http://foodilovetoeat.com/ to report further developments from other restaurant adventures surrounding Chicago Restaurant Week 2024 as things progress. Also, follow me on Instagram @foodilovetoeat.com @djseanalvarez and via https://www.youtube.com/@foodilovetoeat4227 





Comments