Bronzeville Winery Brunch Review

Reviewed by Sean Alvarez

On Sunday 12/11/22 I started my day at Bronzeville Winery for their freshly installed Brunch. This was a new endeavor by them so they invited me and a few other folks to check out the fare and provide a little bit of feedback before they officially go live. I've eaten there a few times and everything has been very good. That was mainly for dinner and happy hour. This time was for brunch, so I have an entirely different level of excitement. Brunch goes live this Sunday 12/18/22 so make your reservations today! https://www.bronzevillewinery.com/

Here's what we ate! Imma tell you how I really feel...


Shrimp and Grits
: The Shrimp and Grits were amazing! This is the first time I've had this dish with fried shrimp which I thought was unique and very dope. After all, who doesn't like fried shrimp (other than people who are allergic to them)? This was also my first time having shrimp at Bronzeville Winery and I really enjoyed the flavor and consistency of the batter/breading. The shrimp were Jumbo sized and are served 3 to a dish. The grits were nice and creamy and very delicious too. Slightly drizzled throughout was a slightly sweet tomato jus and a little bit of hot sauce gastrique. The hot sauce was perfect and it made plenty of sense because many people like their fried shrimp with hot sauce. The tomato jus was a perfect compliment to balance the spice from the hot sauce. When eaten in the same bite with the grits and pieces of shrimp they make a wonderful team. Grade=A

Stoneground Grits: How bout them greats I mean grits! Them grits were Grreeat as said with the same fervor as if Tony D. Tiger were talking about them. As a grits connoisseur I've always felt like The Promontory's restaurant had the best grits I've ever had until now. Nice and smooth and creamy and they're good without needing to add any butter, salt, or pepper. What makes them so interesting is the herbed compound butter and a few morsels of goat cheese that were sprinkled on top. After I took my first spoonful I made a joyful noise on to the Lord! Goodness Gracious! Such unique and creative flavors for a brunch staple. Grade=A++

 Chef's Roasted Potatoes with Garlic Aioli: This dish was very good. If you've seen my reviews before you know how I feel about potatoes. Although I love them I'm not eating them as much these days, but I will indulge if the right opportunity presents itself. This was the right opportunity. When they arrived at our table the looked delicious with green herbs sitting on top of the cubed potatoes and the potatoes sitting on top of a little garlic aioli. I usually prefer my potatoes crispy, but when roasting them they only get to a certain level of crispiness before that crispy turns to burnt. These had just enough crispiness to them, they were seasoned just right for there to be a respected balance between the herbs and seasonings. They both got their shine. The texture once again was slightly crispy with a nice soft interior plus they came with one of my favorite condiments for potatoes, garlic aioli. Kudos to the Chef! Grade=A 

Vegetarian Biscuits and Gravy with Vegan Sausage Gravy: So happy this dish was on the menu! Often times I see this dish on other restaurant menus and it comes with pork sausage.  Apparently the good folks over at Bronzeville Winery care about our health and our taste buds. Although I may taste a dish with pork such as bacon, pepperoni, or maybe one rib, I have no desire to order a dish where pork is featured ingredient; which is why I typically don't order biscuits and gravy. Not today baby! The biscuits were the right texture somewhere between firm and fluffy. The taste was somewhat buttery. The gravy was delicious and had bits of vegan sausage mixed into it. The gravy was also neatly spread throughout the dish without it being excessive. The dish was topped off with what tasted like cilantro or maybe parsley to give it a burst of herbal freshness. Very tasty and intelligent dish to have on the menu. Grade=A+

Passionfruit, Mango, Pomegranate Mimosa: Grade= A. Tasty! Not your average Mimosa. Slightly sweet and fruity. They have a bottomless option for a little more $. 







Chai Winter Spice: 
Delicious! Grade= A+. Nice seasonal spices/herbs that go well with Iced Chai Tea and Spiced Rum. Perfect for this time of year.







Service= A+. The door hosts, our server, and the general manager were Awesome! Friendly and had great suggestions for food and cocktails. 

Ambiance=A+ Space design, music, and vibe was on point. 

Food & Drink Presentation =A+ Everything looked spectacular!

For more food and drink reviews please check us out on YouTube and/or scroll down on this page FoodiLoveToEat.com


Comments